my name is DJ Bert van Engel. Actually that’s an artist name. My real name is Engelbert Eichner. My friends call me Engelbert or Bert. I’m a keyboarder, producer, DJ and conductor with a tendency towards the crossover.
I was a graduate of the elite university Mozarteum in Salzburg. Having grown up with Mozart, Beethoven, Chopin, Rachmaninov and many more I made my way in electronic music many years later. Inspired by various stylistic trends I wanted to express my passion for music and sound and came up with these fine selection of work.
Working as a scene DJ with salsa roots too, I know what makes the club boil. Rely on my sense of rhythms and sounds. Believe me: I CAN read the crowd.
We see us in the clubs and on stage. Enjoy!
Bert van Engel
- Conductor of the Muscial Production "The Addams Family" with the MUS-EN Ensemble, Hof bei Salzburg & Hallein
- Conductor of the Muscial Production "Im Weißen Rössl" with the MUS-EN Ensemble, Hallein
- Self Hosted Salsa Parties "Salsa @ Sunset" @ Waldbad Anif (2021 and 2022)
- Piano Solist with Postmusik Salzburg @ Großes Festspielhaus, Salzburg
- Growing numbers of DJ Gigs in Salzburg and abroad:
- Wüdara Gschnaß (2018 and 2019), Salsa Night Parties (2017-2019), Deluxe Salsa Parties (2019 and 2020), MGC Brandboxx (2016, 2019, 2020, 2022), private Salsa Parties, Birthday Parties, Wedding Parties and Business Event Parties
- Member and Keyboarder @ the "One Hit Wonder Show" Concert Band with concerts across Germany and TV Appearance
- Song Production "Addicted To You" with Marc Korn, Mallorca
- Song Collaboration "A-HA Take on Me - Remix ft. Trisha McTeauge" with Jake Dile @ Dresden (Germany)
- First DJ Gigs @ Republic Salzburg, Salzburg
- Song Production "Live Forever" @ Indemand Music, Liverpool (UK)
- Song Production "Ruled the World" @ Indemand Music, Liverpool (UK)
- Song Production "Change the World" @ Team 33 Music, Mallorca
- Apprenticeship as DJ and Audio Producer @ DJ Sound Austria>
- Artistic Director of the International Choir and Orchestra Festival "Cantus Salisburgensis"
- Solo répétiteur and Assistant Director @ Landestheater Salzburg
- First Solo Performance with Postmusik Salzburg, Kongresshaus Salzburg
- Project Manager of "Popstar Pilip Glass!? Entdecken." @ the University for Music and Dramatic Art "Mozarteum", Salzburg
- Répétiteur @ International Summer Academy Mozarteum, Salzburg
- Solo répétiteur @ Theater Erfurt, Germany
- Press Officer of the Haydn Festspiele, Eisenstadt
- Conductor, Artistic Director and Concert Promoter of the Arvo Pärt Festival "Klang der Stille", Salzburg
- Internship @ Deutsche Oper, Berlin
- CD Recording: Peter Ritzen: 'Chinese Folk Songs Transcriptions' 1998
- Conductor, Artistic Director and Concert Promoter of "Carmina Burana" / Stadtkino Saal, Salzburg
- CD Recording: Carl Orff: 'Carmina Burana' 1997
- Culture Management studies @ the "Center for Culture and Media Management (ICCM), Salzburg" in Cooperation with the Johannes-Kepler University Linz
- Conducting studies @ the University for Music and Dramatic Art "Mozarteum", Salzburg:
- Orchestra Conducting in the class of Prof. Michael Gielen
- Choir Conducting in the class of Prof. Karl Kamper
- First Solo Piano Recital @ Frankfurter Tonkünstlerbund e.V., Frankfurt am Main
- in Frankfurt am Main